BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 17, 2008

WE BELIEVE: Third Article of Faith

CLICK to enlarge

The second and third articles announce our belief in the Atonement of our Lord and Savior, that through Him all mankind will be blessed with immortality [to live forever without ever having to die again along with having our body and spirit reunited, never to be separated again]. They state that we have the responsibility for accepting Him as our Savior, and we will only be responsible for our “own sins and not for Adam’s transgression.” Elder L. Tom Perry

MY THOUGHTS: I believe in the power of the Atonement which enables us to rise from the dead, reunited with our bodies and spirits, along with the possibility to live with God. This last part is conditioned upon our repentance and obedience to the Lord's gospel, ordinances and commandments that He established on the earth today; not by man's. Since the Savior paid the price, He has the right to establish the conditions and the 3rd Article of Faith clearly establishes the conditions, which, if followed, will enable us to be able to return one day and live with our Father in Heaven. The Atonement to me is truly Love and Mercy in action. "For God so loved the world [so much] that he gave His only Begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16. That scripture says it all to me. God loves me, the Savior loves me and if I believe and do what is required by accepting Christ and His gospel, I can return to live with God. This is so comforting to me. I just need to do the work.

0 comments: