BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Keeping Scripture Study Alive

Scripture study can be a hard thing to do regularly and understanding what is being said as well. I have made it a habit to study. Studying daily over the years has helped me to understand the scriptures better than when I first began. As I live the kind of life that our Savior has asked us to do, I qualify for an even greater understanding through the promptings of the Spirit, for which I would be lost without.

The Church admonishes us to read daily from our scriptures, particularly the Book of Mormon.

I have thoroughly loved reading the scriptures
over the years. In addition to the Bible, we also have the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price. I read daily from any of the above books and record those things that the Lord is trying to each me. I so love immersing myself into the scriptures. At the bottom of our scriptures there are footnotes that helps me to understand more of what I am reading and it cross references all the other books.


I found this quote by President Kimball, one of our past prophets who has since passed away. I have experienced what he has said and know that it is true. Immersing is the answer!

Our church uses the King James version of the Bible.

CLICK on image to enlarge

0 comments: